Thursday, April 9, 2009

Um, it's just been brought to my attention that I have not blogged in a very long time. Here are some excuses. Please choose the correct answer from the list below:
A) Okay, I admit it: my own blogging bored the kr*p out of me, so why would anyone else want to read it?
B) With the kitchen under renovation, the tasks of everyday life seem to take twice as long, especially food preparation, cleaning, and laundry.
C) My free time is again reduced because the dogs now have to be walked at least twice a day. We have seen the light with Invisible Fence and prefer NOT to shock our dogs because they act like dogs.
D) Facebook is a LOT more fun. And addictive
E) All of the above.

If you chose "E", you'd be pretty darn close. And if you chose "D", you wouldn't be far off the mark either.

Not only have I not blogged, I have not exercised, and that, too, is showing up BIG TIME in my circumference, general mood, and overall fluffiness. I am far more likely to take up blogging than working out, I think.

Anyway, the Big Thing going on right now is the kitchen reno, and it's thankfully in the final stages. The painters will be there tomorrow, and I hope the electricians will FINALLY hang the pendant lights, install some wall outlets (just boxes of wires at the moment) and throw the switch. Truthfully, until one can hook up the coffee pot, it's not really a kitchen, is it? The tile guy has to put in the backsplash, and the cabinet guy has to install some cabinet doors and pulls. There are some little things that we'll just have to catch up in the future. I have a lot of moving-back-in left to do, but with the abundance of dust that's still being generated, I'd like to hold off on 'washables' such as dinnerware, cookware, & glassware. I just may try to use that new range sometime this weekend, even if we are still halfway camping out.

The new washer/dryer is delivered tomorrow, and I am as thrilled about that as anything. These new machines are enormous, which means they can handle king-sized comforters. With four dogs, rarely do we go a month without having to take something to the cleaners or commercial laundry because of a canine indiscretion.

So, that's it from the pine pollen-covered Southland, where everything's in bloom & beautiful; the Easter Bunny's on his or her way; and life is good!

1 comment:

  1. I ALWAYS enjoy your posts! Nice to hear from you from a non-Facebook user.

    ReplyDelete